Thursday, February 18, 2010

Review: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown



The Lost Symbol
By: Dan Brown
Publisher: Doubleday Books
528 pages

The Lost Symbol is the third and most anticipated installment in Dan Brown's series about Symbologist Robert Langdon.  The entire book covers a span of twelve hours beginning with Langdon being called to Washington, D.C. by an assistant of Peter Solomon, a long-time friend, to give a lecture at the US Capitol Building.  What he finds is his friend's severed hand and thus kickstarts another action-packed tale filled with interesting and controversial tidbits that Brown is so famous for. 

There are so many things going on in this book, that it would be tremendously hard to summarize it without giving something away.  I will say that this one did not draw me in as well as Dan Brown's other books have.  I'm ashamed to say that I struggled with this book for weeks before finishing it up.  Don't get me wrong, the book is well researched and full of things that I would love to learn more about, but it just didn't suck me in.  In the long run, I did finish the book and enjoyed the story.  It's just not quite up to par with the previous Langdon stories nor Brown's other novels.

You may also be interested in another book that discusses the mysteries of The Lost Symbol and is written by Simon Cox.

No comments:

Post a Comment